Online Banking Frequently Asked Questions
Which category of Online Banking do you have questions on?
How do I enroll in Digital Banking?
- After you have opened a Dieterich Bank account, type dieterichbank.com into your browser and select the Login Button.
- Select the "Sign Up" link.
- Click the "Let's Get Started!" Button
- Enter your personal information and click the "Continue" button.
- You will be asked to answer four verification questions.
- You can choose a second verification step by having a link sent to a known phone number or email address associated with your record at Dieterich Bank. If you do not want to utilize this additional verification step, choose "None."
- Read the welcome information and click the "Finish" button
- If you choose to skip the second verification step, or if your identity cannot be successfully verified through our automated process, your enrollment request will be forwarded to our Customer Care team. One of the Bankers from Customer Care will then call you to verify your identity. Once your identity has been verified, you will receive an email.
- Click the link in the email then create your own username and password.
- Choose three security questions and enter the appropriate responses.
- You will then be taken into your Dieterich Bank Digital Banking experience, after accepting the terms and conditions.
Now you're free to use online banking! View your statements and account balances, set up alerts, send money online and more, anytime, anywhere at no extra charge from us.
What web browsers are supported by Online Banking?
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer®
- Google Chrome™
- Apple® Safari®
- Mozilla® Firefox®
Can I pay bills through online banking?
Yes, Dieterich Bank offers bill pay for our customers with digital banking.
What is the difference between Processing Date and Arrival Date?
The processing date is the date that your payment will process, or the funds will be taken out of your account. The arrival date is the estimated date that your payment will arrive to your payee. (The arrival date is populated below the processing date.) When you're scheduling payments, make sure your arrival date in bill pay is on or before the due date that appears on your bill.
Is there a way to know how different Processing Dates affect different Arrival Dates before committing to a process date?
Yes, when entering your date, click the calendar icon in the Payment Date box. (This appears to the right of the date.) A calendar will appear. Hover your cursor over the date you plan to process your payment, or debit your account. In the bottom, right-hand corner of the calendar screen, you will see the Deliver By Date, or the estimated date that the payee will receive payment. When you are ready to select a process date, click that date on the calendar.
Can I see when all of my payments are scheduled to process out of my account?
Yes, the calendar feature shows you this by month. Follow these steps to find the Calendar:
- Log in to your Online Banking Account.
- Click the "Bill Pay" tab.
- Now that you are in Bill Pay, select the "Calendar" tab from the top menu.
- You will now see the current month. The amount that will be deducted from your account will appear as a green button on the date it will debit your account.
- If you click on a green button with a dollar amount on it, you will be able to see the details of that bill.
Can I see whether or not a check has cleared the bill pay clearing account?
Yes, you can view this in your "History." Follow these steps to access this:
- Log in to your Online Banking Account.
- Click the "Bill Pay" tab.
- Now that you are in Bill Pay, you will see two boxes to the right of your screen. The top is labeled "Pending" and the one below this is labeled "History."
- "History" will show you the payments that have processed in the last 45 days through online banking.
- Click "View More" to the right of the "History" title if you need to see more than 45 days.
How do I enroll in eDocuments?
Receiving paperless statements takes only a few minutes of your time to set up and keeps sensitive information out of the mailbox. Plus, you're saving paper!
- Log in to your digital banking
- Click "Statements" in the Account Services area.
- Select an account, or click "Select All" if you wish to register all accounts for eDocuments.
- You will be presented with eDocument Terms & Conditions.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Terms & Conditions and select "View Test Document" (this will download a pdf).
- Select "Select All" for accepting the Terms & Conditions.
- Select "Accept Terms & Conditions."
Can I transfer funds from my account at Dieterich Bank to my account at another financial institution?
Yes, you can transfer money easily to another financial institution by using our External Transfers capability in Online Banking. The enrollment process can take up to 3 business days for verification, but then you can quickly and easily complete domestic wire transfers to your other accounts.
- Log in to Online Banking
- Under the "Digital Branch" tab, click "External Account Transfers" from the top menu.
- Click "Enroll"
- Click "Accept" after reviewing the Dieterich Bank Transfer Terms and Conditions.
- Add External Account(s): Enter the information for the external account(s). You will enter the external account nickname, financial institution name, routing number, account number, and type of account for the first external account, then click the Submit button, before entering the next external account information. We may limit you on how many external accounts you are allowed to add. You will find additional information on the Add External Account page to help you locate the routing number and account number for your external account.
- External Account(s) Verification: Before you can begin making transfers to or from an external account, the external account(s) you wish to use must be verified to prove that you are authorized to it. Your external account will receive a small ACH credit for an undisclosed amount. You will need to enter the amount of the credit in the External Transfer section of your Online Banking in order to complete the verification process.
- Establishing Transfers: After the verification process is complete, you may begin establishing transfers. You can establish one-time transfers, or if you want to set up a recurring transfer, you have a variety of transfer frequencies to choose from. You will be limited on the number of transfers you can establish per day and on the dollar amounts you are allowed to transfer.
- Log in to Digital Banking
- Select "My Cards"
- Click "Activate Your New Card"
- Under "Edit Card" select "Activate Your New Card"
If my card is lost or stolen, how do I "Hot Card" it, or disable it?
**Please note, these are the steps to disable your card. Once this is complete, you will not be able to turn your card back on if it is found. In order to be able to turn your card back on if found, click here.
- Log in to Digital Banking.
- Click on the "Manage Cards" tab.
- Select "Report Lost of Stolen Card" from the Security Section
Yes, if you wish to turn your card off temporarily when you are not making purchases, or if it is misplaced, you have the ability to turn it on and off through the Dieterich Bank Mobile App on your mobile device.
Extra peace of mind is easily accessible through your mobile banking. Follow these steps to turn your debit card on and off:
- Log in to your Digital Banking
- Select "Card Management"
- Select the "On/Off" Icon on the same line as the card you wish to turn on or off.